Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Olivia Ann

It's hard to believe Olivia is almost 18 months old. I remember like it was yesterday bringing her home from the hospital. Derick was home on leave from his deployment and I was struggling with the thought of him leaving again and that I would be here with a 2 year old and a newborn by myself...we got through it, of course, but it was hard. She made it easier though. She was such a great baby....is still a great baby, if I can call her that anymore. It's funny how when Landon was this age I said he was a toddler all the time and that he wasn't a baby anymore. I was so excited to see what would come next with all his growing and learning. Now with Olivia it's different. I still want to see the changes and the development, but....

I don't want to think of her as a toddler yet, that means she will
**start wanting to be independent(oh, already doing that)
**get her feelings hurt and cry about it (already does this)
**tell me "no mama" while pointing her finger at me (oh wait-she already does that!)
**throw her food on the floor and look at me with the look of "I know I am not supposed to do that, but look mom--I just did it" (oh, she's been doing that for a while)
**not want to share toys and take things away from her brother(again, this is happening)
**scream at the top of her lungs the entire time in the car for no reason (this one is not fun, but already happening)
**get mad when I tell her it's bedtime and start running the other direction (yes, this has begun!)

OH NO! MY BABY IS A TODDLER.
Why does the time go by so fast? I guess it's times like these we really need to take a step back and watch our kids, really pay attention and treasure every moment before it's gone and they are onto bigger and better things, such as "story time" (new post about Landon tonight).

I love Olivia. I loved her as a baby and I love her as a toddler...she is growing into such a wonderful person and I am just so proud to be her mama.












1 comment: