Well, it's time. Finally. Landon is over 3 years old now and still not potty trained. I hate to say that but it's the truth. But it's time now. I have heard a lot about the 3 day potty training method by Lora Jensen and know friends who have done it and it WORKED for them! You must spend 3 consecutive days with the child at home. I realized today about 1pm that I actually have the next 3 days at home without any PartyLite shows or meetings so it really is the best, and only time (as November is very busy and starting next week I don't have 3 days in a row without anything!) Although the best time to potty train using this method is at 22 months, according to Lora, who created this method, we are going to try it. (at least I know this for Olivia...in March she will be 22 months!) It's after midnight right now on Friday night. I have gotten groceries, small rewards, "big boy wipes", lots of different drinks (juice, koolaid, hot cocoa, etc.) and I think I am ready for the weekend. We are taking Sat, Sun and Mon and devoting all 3 days to do this. The plan is to not leave home and spend every minute right by his side. I am not supposed to be on the computer, on the phone, watching tv, etc....oh my! This will be interesting, but I owe it to Landon to follow this program to a T....she says that once the kids are past 2 1/2 and the closer they get to 3 and over the harder it is. Let's hope Landon isn't one of those that adds to that statistic! Either way, I am excited and nervous and not sure what to expect. If you are interested in learning more about this method, check it out at http://www.3daypottytraining.com/
If I get a chance at the end of the day when he is asleep, I will try and blog the progress! Wish us luck. I pray for patience and strength during the next 3 days. Oh, and I forgot to mention it's trick-or-treat tomorrow so that is a tough one...she says DO NOT leave the house, not for a walk, not to the post office, etc......during the 3 day period. I think we will have to budge on this one. May just walk up and down our street to get candy!
Here goes...............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment